Sunday, July 25, 2010

Guest Blog: Two Singers

I'm 8 so it's kind of embarrassing writing a blog. I wanted to clear that up. Anyways...I want to tell you about my favorite singers, Ingrid Michaelson and Regina Spektor.

I think that Regina Spektor is just a little bit better than Ingrid Michaelson, but that may be because Ingrid Michaelson is less, kind of, experienced, I should say. I think that I like Regina Spektor a little bit better because she is more creative with her songs.

But Ingrid Michaelson is good, too, because I like how she puts the very few instruments she has into very good work.

Whenever I go to the stereo I have to really think a long time about which one I'm going to play. I like hearing the songs and singing them to myself while doing hand and body gestures that match the song. Also, the way I memorize songs is by hearing them a lot of times while I'm cleaning the table or I'm just getting bored. I have to listen to them a couple times before I memorize them but it's very fun to memorize them because I feel like I helped the writer of the songs write the songs. I feel I have something special to do with them.

-Cecilia Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment